Thread: For Sale: 2003 VW GTI - 24v VR6 6 Speed

For Sale: 2003 VW GTI - 24v VR6 6 Speed

The time has come to sell Lisa's beloved GTI, with the expanding family it sadly doesn't quite fit the bill anymore. I'd thought I'd toss it out here before it goes on craigslist. Sorry if the ad reads a little generic, I typed it up for craigslist and tried to edit before posting here. Here are some of the car's basic info:

Year: 2003
    Model: GTI
    Engine: 24-valve VR6
    Transmission: 6-speed manual
    Mileage: 78,xxx mi
    Color: Silverstone Gray
    Interior: Black Leather
    Options:
    • Cold Weather Package

Heatable Front Seats
    Heated Front Windshield Washer Nozzles
    • Technology Package

Electronic Climate Control (Climatronic)
    CFC-free.
    Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    Rain Sensor - Includes automatic wiper speed control.
    • Leather Package

Leather Seat Trim
    Includes molded door trim with smooth leatherette inserts.
    Driver & Front Passenger Adjustable Lumbar Support
    Leather Shift Boot
    Which includes the previously mentioned Cold Weather Package
    • Luxury Package

Power Glass Sunroof
    Monsoon Sound System

She is the 2nd owner, the first owner was a lease. We have all the service, maintenance, and parts receipts since we purchased her in '06. Those of you who know me, know we maintain a fleet of vehicles (3 other Volkswagens, an Audi, and a BMW at the house), and have given the GTI the same love we give our other vehicles. I recently replaced the RF wheel bearing/hub. Other recent maintenance includes a battery last summer, and brand new tires last fall (Continental ExtremeContact DW - 225/45R17) that we've put less than 1000 miles on. Modifications have been minor:

• 6k Kelvin HID's
    • Autotech Cold Air Intake
    • Hawk HPS Pads (all corners)
    • Brembo Rotors
    • Tinted side markers (have the originals)
    • Blackout emblem (have the original)
    • Also have a couple of minor things I never got around to installing that could possibly be part of the package.

That catalytic converter was replaced under warranty at West Side VW a couple summers ago (too lazy to go dig up the paperwork for it), because it fell below the operational threshold. So that should be good to go for a while.

We had a second set of wheels and tires for the winter, but since we stopped driving her in the winter two years ago, we sold those. I may be able to include a set of 16" steel Beetle wheels with the sale depending on the price.

It is a great little car that I love driving, I still get a grin whenever I drive her. The VR6 is still one of my favorite engines, fun and torquey, yet with the 6-speed we've seen in the low 30 mpg range for mileage on road trips (EPA rated 19/27).

We have title in hand. As I mentioned we are selling because our family will soon be expanding (have our second child on the way), and the GTI unfortunately doesn't fit our needs well anymore. We are sad to see her go, but we need something that will fit our growing family. And it's a shame that she's sat all summer without really being driven much. Just want to find a good home for her. Looking around Autotrader and ebay, other 24v VR6 GTI's with this low of mileage are going for anywhere from $12-9k. On craigslist I thought I'd start and 9 and see how that goes. On here I'll start at $8.5k.

Email works much better to get a hold of me than any other method: Corrado_92SLC (at) comcast (dot) net.
    Make sure to do net not com, had that happen more than once.

Thanks!

Mike
    Mike V. - #410 BSP - Silver "flared" M3

The Corrado is resting for a bit.

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa, not screaming like the people in the car he was driving.

Dang if I were already up there this would fit my sub $10k hatchback needs...
    Matt Posey
    The Garage is Empty!

Not much to add except these are great little cars. I used to have an 03 24v GTI exactly like this that I loved. I would have kept it forever except I got rear ended and it was totalled. The VR6 is hands down the best engine VW has ever made and it's a blast in the little GTI. I can't come up with a reason I need this car, but I really want it :P

I do have a friend who might be interested, I'll let you know.
    -Ryan

#153 STX R32

Thanks Ryan! Lisa and I both are really sad to see her go, but family needs dictate. Just hope she finds a good home (Matt, when do you move up here? )

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa, not screaming like the people in the car he was driving.

I sent this to a friend who is looking for a car, he has been sad ever since he sold his MK5 GTI and bought a pickup. I hope he picks this car up! His name is Matt and should be emailing you shortly.

Also I love 24V VR's, add a turbo and you can have some fun!
    Last edited by twotone24v; 07-09-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added 24V love

I'll be up there next year I believe. Depends on baby arrival and some work stuff for my wife.
    Matt Posey
    The Garage is Empty!

Quote Originally Posted by MPosey View Post
    I'll be up there next year I believe. Depends on baby arrival and some work stuff for my wife.
    You know Matt, we could always look after it for you until you move up here!

Mark Yakich
    Farmington, MN

Proud recipient of the 2012 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.

'03 PCR Red Rocket - KMod Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by MAYcar View Post
    You know Matt, we could always look after it for you until you move up here!
    Yeah, THAT! We'll make sure it gets a little exercise every now and then...
    John Mensch

2011 Driver of the Year.
    Proud recipient of the 2008 Paul Weidner "Spirit of the Sport" award.
    Founder of F.rugal R.acing E.nterprises. (FRE) "It's not F.R.E.E., but it's close....."

Quote section;
    Resentment: It's like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die...
    "If there is no plan, what can go wrong!" - Some Clown
    "I like to think of myself as thrifty, cheap sounds so.......cheap." - Same Clown
    To quote a wise man I once knew; "If you can't have a little fun what good are you?"

Bump this back to life. Can't get a hold of your friend anymore twotone, so I'll throw this back out there. Gonna post her on Craigslist now too.

And Matt, we don't need the driveway space, so she'd be safe till you got up here.