Thread: 1994 Saturn SL2 - Taking Offers / Trades for ???

Cool 1994 Saturn SL2 - Taking Offers / Trades for ???

Ok guys, it's hard but I'm going to sell my 1994 Saturn SL2. I've owned this car for 10 years and it's hard to see her go but I'll make do. Why is it so hard? Because no payment cars that get you from point A to point B and are pretty darn quick about it for a 4 cyl are pretty darn good! 14.8 in the quarter the last time I brought it out to the track.

Ohh that reminds me; when some people say "never been raced"... well, HAH! This sucker HAS been raced. Rally, Auto-X, even took it for a spin on the frozen lakes of Minnesota once... And for a car that is near stock she holds her own ( see http://jenniferandjon.com/porsche_ol...ts/events.html for more info - I'm proud to say she's been around the block a few times!).

Lets be honest:

- Drivers door doesn't unlock from the outside
    - timing chain NEEDS replacing
    - cracked windshield
    - brand new brakes but they vibrate
    - trunk only opens from the inside
    - heat up in the winter only with cardboard
    - 202k miles
    - hidden rust
    - drivers seat is shot
    - hard acceleration commands oil to exit tailpipe
    - 3 of 4 speakers are blown
    - stiff suspension
    - Drivers door scuffed from someone sliding into the car

Lets talk the goods:

+ DOES have custom coolant heater for the winter!
    + stinking quick
    + an honest 38+ mpg!
    + lightweight aluminum flywheel
    + 2300 miles on rebuilt SL2 5 speed with 5th gear from 2002 SL1 for mileage
    + SAFC II piggyback computer
    + cold air intake
    + headers
    + lowered solid ride
    + port and polished heads - recently done!
    + Konig Helium 15" rims with near new winter tires!
    + cheap as in taking offers - will sell the SAFC II seperately

You can see photo's and video by going to: http://jenniferandjon.com/porsche_ol...ts/events.html

Taking offers or will entertain trades for anything (To give you an idea, I could use goods for my Canon T2i, I need my carS windowS tinted, meh tell me what you have maybe I'm interested - worst I can do is ignore you right?)

Cash price??? I'm looking for a cheap daily beater that gets good mileage...

On the timing chain, can it be driven it until it dies? (not sure if those are an "interference" engine where timing chain failure = catostrophic) I wouldn't be beating on it, just sick of spending $50/wk on gas just to go to work.

I have some canon lens I will trade

I know off the bat, I have a brand new 75-300 canon lens I don't need and have been meaning to put on craigslist. I can rummage and see if there is anything different I can part with

Interested?

Edit: I also have a Tamron 70-300 (i think) + Macro lens that i like a lot (mostly because the macro rocks on it and I have no other lenses with macro function). Unfortunately I've started getting Err 01 communication errors with it, and can't figure out why. I've cleaned the contacts. This could also be included if you think you might be able to fix it.
    Edit Edit: The tamron lens is also for Canon bodies
    Last edited by marks_lude; 10-06-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    --------- Matt Marks -------- 32 STR ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
    Cash price??? I'm looking for a cheap daily beater that gets good mileage...

On the timing chain, can it be driven it until it dies? (not sure if those are an "interference" engine where timing chain failure = catostrophic) I wouldn't be beating on it, just sick of spending $50/wk on gas just to go to work.
    give me your best offer...

Quote Originally Posted by marks_lude View Post
    I have some canon lens I will trade

I know off the bat, I have a brand new 75-300 canon lens I don't need and have been meaning to put on craigslist. I can rummage and see if there is anything different I can part with

Interested?

Edit: I also have a Tamron 70-300 (i think) + Macro lens that i like a lot (mostly because the macro rocks on it and I have no other lenses with macro function). Unfortunately I've started getting Err 01 communication errors with it, and can't figure out why. I've cleaned the contacts. This could also be included if you think you might be able to fix it.
    Edit Edit: The tamron lens is also for Canon bodies
    That canon 75-300 interests me... is it with "IS" ?

It's not an IS lens, I don't think they made one, but I might be wrong. I have a very similar 55-250 IS canon lens, but I think I want to keep that. I use it a lot.
    --------- Matt Marks -------- 32 STR ---------

I wouldn't let the timing chain go too long. They're pretty straight forward to replace though as the gears and crank are the only things on there.. no pumps, etc to worry about.

Jeez Jon, you're listing this thing everywhere. Wish I didn't already have 3 Saturns, I'd probably take this off of your hands.
    Saturn Veteran
    Autocross n00b
    BMW n00b